- 6 c. water, or half and half water and vegetable broth for more flavor
- 2 c. split peas, rinsed and picked over
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, large, chopped
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 dash of red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Great soup recipe for Crock Pot Split Pea Soup!
1. Combine water, peas, celery, carrot, onion, thyme, red pepper and bay leaf in crock pot.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Cover. Cook on Low until split peas and vegetables are tender (about 6-8 hours).
4. Remove Bay Leaf.
5. Press soup through fine sieve and reheat just to boiling point or use hand blender to smooth.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl