- 1 c. chicken breasts, diced and cooked (can use canned chicken or turkey)
- 4 T. butter
- 4 T. olive oil
- 1 quart half and half (can use evaporated milk)
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. celery, sliced
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 1 c. spinach, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz. gnocchi, packaged
Another WOW recipe…. Crock Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup…. YUMMY!
1. In a large pot, saute the onion, celery and garlic in the butter and olive oil.
2. When the onion is translucent, add the flour and form a roux.
3. Stir and cook a minute. Then add the half and half.
4. Transfer to the crock pot.
5. Add the carrots and chicken to the pot.
6. Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours or until it is heat through.
7. Stirring often and when it gets thicker, add the chicken broth and seasonings.
8. Meanwhile in another pan, cook the gnocchi.
9. Add the gnocchi and spinach towards the end when we were getting ready to serve your soup.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl