- 1 T. canola oil
- 2 lbs. pork loin roast, boneless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 29 oz. enchilada sauce, canned
- 31 oz. white hominy, drained, canned
- 1 onion, sliced, medium
- 4 oz. green chilies, diced
- 4 garlic, cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 tsp. oregano, dried
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
To enjoy Traditional Mexican Posole, you will want to make this Crock Pot Posole! Some enjoy for the New Years Day!
1. Heat the oil in a skillet on high. Add the pork; cook and stir just until meat is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
2. Put the meat in a 4 quart crock pot.
3. Pour the enchilada sauce over the meat. Top with hominy, onion, chilies, garlic, cayenne pepper, and oregano.
4. Add enough water to fill the crock pot.
5. Cover. Cook on High for 6 to 7 hours.
6. After above cooking add the cilantro and salt.
7. Cover. Cook on Low for an additional 30 minutes.
NOTE: Garnish with shredded cabbage, lime wedges, avocado slices, and chopped cilantro, and of course warm tortillas!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl