- 1 lb. sausage, Italian, casings removed
- 1 lb. sausage, hot Italian, casings removed
- 1/2 lb. beeef, ground
- 1 onion, large, finely diced
- 1/4 c. garlic, minced
- 4 - 14.5 oz. tomatoes, diced, canned
- 2 - 6 oz. tomato paste, canned
- 2 - 14 oz.tomato sauce, canned
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. Cabernet Sauvignon, (or other dry red wine)
- 1 T. seasoning, dried Italian herb
- 1/2 c. basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, black, ground
Crock Pot Meaty Tomato Sauce is great to make ahead to make your favorite Spaghetti, Lasagna or any Italian dish!
1. In a skillet over medium heat, stir in Italian sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic.
2. Cook and stir until the meat is no longer pink and is crumbly and evenly browned, approximately 15 minutes.
3. Mash and blend the meat mixture every few minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
4. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chicken broth, red wine, Italian seasoning, basil, salt, and black pepper.
Transfer the sauce to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl