- 1 lb. beef, ground, lean
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c. breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c. parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. chicken breast, boneless cooked, (baked or boiled and chopped into shreds)
- 1/2 c. onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. celery, finely chopped
- 2 c. escarole, or 2 cups spinach, torn into small pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, fresh, ground, black
- 1/4 c. pasta, pastina, or 1/4 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, for serving
Crock Pot Italian Wedding Soup takes some time to prepare, but if done in stages is so much easier, and worth the time to prep!
1. Meatballs: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Form into very small balls (should make approximately 80-90 meatballs. Bake on a non-stick cookie sheet and turn half-way through the cooking time).
4. Baking time approximately 10-15 minutes, until the meatballs have browned but are still soft (watch closely).
5. Once removed from oven, drain on paper towel, if necessary.
6. Soup: Combine all of ingredients, EXCEPT the pasta and escarole or spinach, into the crock pot with meatballs.
7. Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours
8. Add pasta and escarole or spinach during the last hour of crocking and salt to taste, if necessary.
9. Remove bay leaves.
10. Top each serving with grated parmesan or romano cheese.
Note: The meatballs must be prepared before being put into the crock pot, you can make them the night before and put them in the refrigerator over night or make a double batch and keep a batch in the freezer for the next time. Much easier than preparing all the same day!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl