- 15 oz. tomatoes, crushed, canned
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. garam masala (Indian spice blend)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (about 8)
- 1/2 cucumber, halved and thinly sliced (English)
- 1/4 c. cilantro, fresh leaves
- 1 T. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 c. basmati, or some other long-grain white rice
- 1/2 c. cream, heavy
You will love the flavor, flavor, flavor of Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala!
1. Toss the cucumber, cilantro with the lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
3. Combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomato paste, garam masala, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 4 – 6-quart crock pot.
4. Put the chicken on top of the vegetables.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, or until chicken is tender.
NOTE: Twenty minutes before serving, prepare the rice according to the package directions.
6. Just before serving, stir the cream into the chicken tikka masala.
Serve over rice with the cucumber relish.
Crock Pot Girl