- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. shortening
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. bananas, mashed
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
Crock Pot Banana Nut Bread is great for Breakfast or served with afternoon snack or Dessert.
1. Sift or mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Beat on Low with the shortening in a small bowl, until soft and creamy with electric mixer. Adding the sugar gradually. Beat in the eggs in a slow stream.
3. With a fork, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 the bananas, another 1/3 of the flour mixture, then the rest of the bananas, and finally the last of the flour mixture.
4. Fold in the walnuts (although optional).
5. Place into a greased and floured 2 1/2 quart mold and cover with greased foil so not to stick.
6. Place on a rack (can twist foil to make a rack) in the crock pot.
7. Cover the crock, but prop the lid open with a toothpick or a twist of foil to let the excess steam escape.
8. Cook on High for 4 to 6 hours.
9. Cool for 10 minutes on a rack. Serve Warm!
Crock Pot Girl