- 24 oz. hash browns, shredded, bag
- 1 T. onion, finely chopped
- 2 c. ham, diced
- 2 c. cheese, cheddar, shredded
- 1 c. cheese, mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 c. parsley, fresh, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 c. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. bacon, fried until crisp
I love omelets and bacon, that is why I love the Crock Pot Breakfast Bake!
1. Grease the crock for a 6 quart crock pot and/or spray with cooking spray, or use a crock pot liner also greased.
2. Mix the hash browns and the chopped onion in a bowl.
3. Spread 1/2 half of the hash browns on the bottom of the grease crock.
4. Place 1 cup of the ham on top of the hash browns and distribute evenly.
5. Mix both of the cheeses with the parsley and stir to mix evenly. Sprinkle 1/2 of this cheese mixture over the ham.
6. Put a second layer of the the remaining hash browns, ham and cheese in the same order, patting each layer down as it is added.
7. With all layers finished, combine the eggs, evaporated milk, salt, and pepper in another bowl. Whisking until smooth. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the hash brown, ham and cheese layers.
8. Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours.
9. Fry the bacon until crispy about 15 minutes before time to serve. Then break it into large pieces.
10. Remove the lid on the crock pot and place the bacon pieces evenly on top of the breakfast bake.
11. Cover. Cook on Low for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
NOTE: When the bacon is warm, it is ready to serve.
Crock Pot Girl