- 1 T. dark sesame oil
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 3/4 c. rice, long-grain, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1.3 oz. soup, mix hot and sour
- 8 oz. water chestnuts, canned, sliced, drained
- 16 oz. vegetables blend, with greeen peas and baby corn, frozen
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 scallions, chopped
- soy sauce to taste
Crock Pot Fried Rice can be used as a side dish with many meals, or as a main dish as well.
1. Heat oils over medium-high heat in a skillet.
2. Add garlic and rice, saute until brown, about 4-5 minutes. Will be a golden color!
3. Combine rice mixture that was sauted, broth, and next 3 ingredients in a 4-quart crock pot.
4. Cover. Cook for 2 hours on High or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
5. Pour eggs over rice mixture.
6. Cover. Cook on High for 45 more minutes or until egg is set.
7. Stir in scallions, and serve with soy sauce.
Optional: For Non-Vegetarians add cooked chicken, beef or shrimp with step #3, if you like meat in your Fried Rice for a main meal!
IMPORTANT TIP: Browning the rice helps keep it from turning gummy!
Crock Pot Girl
Nutritional Facts – optional meats not included!