- 14 potatoes, small, peeled and diced, boiled in water
- 17 oz. corn, cream style, canned
- 12 oz. corn, whole kernel, undrained, canned
- 2 T. chicken bouillon powder
- 4 oz. green chilies, diced, canned
- 1 T. margarine
- 1 onion, large, diced fine
- 1 green pepper, diced fine
- 2 c. cheese, medium cheddar, shredded
- 1 1/2 c. cheese, Monterey Jack, shredded
Crock Pot Mexican Potato Corn Chowder is so good, and has a nice kick to it. Crocking time is short, so it can be ready rather quickly!
1. Put potatoes in water and boil gently, uncovered until you can pierce them easily with a fork.
2. Add sautéed onion and green pepper.
3. Stir in corns, chilies and seasonings (Lawry’s season salt, garlic powder, dash of Worcestershire sauce).
4. Heat until bubbly.
5. Put into large (5-6 qt.) crock pot.
6. Cover. Cook on High until it bubbles again and then turn to Low.
7. Stir in shredded cheese.
8. Cover again. Simmer on Low for at least 1 hour.
Crock Pot Girl