- 1 T. butter
- 4 lemon, slices, thin
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 8 to 10 oz. scallops, bay or sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry, tough connective tissue removed
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- pepper, freshly ground, black
- 1/4 c. parsley, chopped fresh flat-leaf
- 2 lemon wedges
Scallops can be a little tricky as you don’t want to over cook them, that’s why making Crock Pot Scallops are awesome!
1. Place the butter, lemon slices and garlic in the crock of the crock pot.
2. Cover. Cook on High, until the butter is hot, about 30 minutes.
3. Add the scallops and sprinkle with the salt. Stir to coat them with the butter and seasonings.
4. Cover. Cook on High for 30 to 40 minutes or until the scallops are thoroughly hot and opaque in the center.
5. To serve, press the lemon slices with the back of a spoon to release their juices and then discard casing of the lemon.
6. Sprinkle the scallops and their cooking liquid with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
7. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the scallops to 2 serving plates.
Drizzle each serving with some of the cooking liquid, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with fresh lemon wedges.
Crock Pot Girl