- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 c. onion, chopped
- 3/4 c. carrots, shredded
- 3/4 c. celery. diced
- 1 tsp. basil, dried
- 1 tsp. parsley, dried flakes
- 4 T. butter, divided
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 4 c. potatoes, diced, peeled (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. cheese, Velveeta (8 ounces) process, cubed
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. sour cream
When you are looking for an easy recipe that will be good for the adults and the kiddos…. it will be Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup! Yummy!
1. Brown beef in a 3-qt. saucepan; drain and set aside.
2. In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon of the butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
4. Transfer to the crock pot.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
TIP: I have found if I microwave potatoes ahead of time potatoes will be done, and not be crunchy when the rest of the soup is done!
6. Just before soup is done, put remaining butter in a small skillet and melt. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; and mix in.
7. Cover. Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
8. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir frequently until cheese melts.
9. Blend in th sour cream.
Optional: If you like your soup a little thicker, just add 1 to 2 T. corn starch whipped smooth in water and add to the soup!
10. Serve with crackers or bread for a tasty meal!
Crock Pot Girl