- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt, kosher
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 c. broth, (chicken or vegetable for vegetarian)
- 2 c. water
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (1/4 was enough for me)
- 1 onion, yellow, chopped in chunks
- 2 1/2 tsp. curry
- honey, to drizzle
Vegetables are a favorite, as I love them, and Cauliflower particularly, so Crock Pot Roasted Cauliflower Curry Soup with Honey is not a disappointment…so good!
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower has begun to brown and turn crispy.
2. Plug in your 4 quart crock pot or larger and turn to High, while the cauliflower is roasting.
3. Place the chicken or vegetable broth and water in the crock pot.
4. Add the chopped onion and along with the cayenne pepper and curry powder to the broth mixture.
5. When the vegetables are roasted, add them to the broth.
6. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours, High for 3-4.
NOTE: Finished when the onion and cauliflower are fully tender.
Use an immersible blender to blend the cauliflower and onion. If you are going to use a traditional blender, go slow and blend small batches at a time.
Drizzle honey over the top before serving!
Crock Pot Girl