- 2 Chicken Breasts, thinned in half (so you should end up with 4 thin pieces of chicken)
- 1 c. white wine
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 T. Butter, sliced
- 3 T. Capers
- 1 c. Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with pasta of your choice
The first time I had Chicken Picatta, I knew I wanted to find a recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Picatta, it is just full of flavor… so good!
1. Place bread crumbs on a plate, and put beaten egg in a bowl. Dip each breast into the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
2. Transfer each of the coated chicken pieces to the crock pot. Repeat this for all chicken pieces.
3. Place the 4 T. of butter, one on each breast.
4. Scatter sliced mushrooms in crock pot.
5. Pour in the wine, lemon juice and chicken broth; and top with capers.
NOTE: If you like less of a lemon flavor, reduce the amount of lemon juice.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Cover. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours.
Serve on top of your favorite pasta!
Crock Pot Girl