- 1 1/2 c. dried lentils
- 1 1/2 qts. water
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cube low-sodium vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 c. tomato sauce
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
Crock Pot Greek Lentil Soup is full of protein and so easy to make!
1. Place lentils and water in crock pot.
2. Sauté onion, carrot, and celery in oil in a large skillet, until limp and glazed. Add to crock pot.
3. Add bay leaf, garlic, salt, oregano, and bouillon cube to crock.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
5. Add tomato sauce and vinegar. Stir well.
6. Cover. Cook on high 30 minutes to blend flavors. Remove bay leaf before serving.
NOTE: In Step #3, if you would little more zip, you may want to increase the dried oregano to 1 tsp. and add 1/2 – 1 tsp. ground cumin??
Crock Pot Girl