- 3 c. water
- 1 c. beans, red kidney, dried
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 c. chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 turkey, pork, and beef smoked sausage, thinly sliced (pkg. size 14 oz.)
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 c. hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions
Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice are asked for by many of our followers, and this recipe is definitely a keeper and so YUMMY!
1. Combine first 12 ingredients in crock pot.
2. Cover. Cook on High for 5 hours.
3. Discard bay leaf; stir in salt.
Serve over rice; sprinkle servings evenly with green onions.
Crock Pot Girl