- 1 lb. beef, ground, extra lean or ground turkey
- 1 c. skim milk
- 1/2 c. rice, brown, instant
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 10 3/4 oz. soup, cream of mushroom, low- fat, low-sodium, canned
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 4 oz. mushrooms, canned (optional)
Since I am from the Mid-west this is a recipe I grew up with, and we always served Crock Pot Mushroom Porcupine Meatballs with a heaping scoop of Mashed Potatoes!
1. Combine ground meat, 1 cup of the skim milk, rice, onion, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Shape into meatballs with an small ice cream scoop.
3. Place in the crock pot.
4. Mix together soup, with optional mushrooms and 1/2 c. milk. Pour over the top of the meatballs.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours.
Serve with mushroom soup gravy and how about the garlic mashed potatoes from my website www.getcrocked.com!
Crock Pot Girl