- 2 c. zucchini, shredded
- 4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 5 tomatoes, medium, diced, fresh
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 c. parsley, fresh, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 16 oz. tomato sauce, canned
- 1/2 onion, medium, chopped
- 2 T. tapioca, quick-cooking
- 1 lb. turkey sausage, ground, browned and drained (optional...meatless, ground beef or whatever you would like)
Crock Pot Zucchini and Tomato Pasta Sauce has all the flavor your would expect from a great Italian recipe! Delicious served with warm bread!
1. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT meat in crock pot. Stir to combine.
2. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
3. Stir and add browned meat.
4. Season to taste and serve over spaghetti or pasta of your choice.
NOTE: Eliminate the Sausage or Meat and you have a Vegetarian recipe!
Crock Pot Girl