- 1 1/2 lb. beef, ground, lean
- 2 onions, medium, chopped
- 1/2 c. celery, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 T. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 29 oz. tomatoes, diced, canned
- 8 oz. tomato sauce, canned
- 1/2 c. water
Famous for their Chili, you will be a hit when you serve Crock Pot Cincinnati Chili to your guests or your family, many different ways!
1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions, and celery, drain off all excess fat.
2. Transfer all ingredients into the crock pot and stir WELL.
3. Cover. Cook for 7-9 hours on Low, or 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours on High. If cooking on High, stir during the last 1 1/2 hours of crocking.
4. Cook spaghetti 1/2 hour before chili is done.
spaghetti, cooked, 1 pound
onion, medium, finely chopped 1
cheddar cheese, finely grated 1 c.
kidney beans, rinsed, drained, HEATED, 15.5 oz. can
a. chili – serve over hot dog and bun!
b. chili – serve it with spaghetti, chili and cheese!
c. chili – serve it with spaghetti, chili, onion, and cheese!
d. chili – serve it with spaghetti, chili, beans, onion, and cheese!
NOTE: If you like it hot…. douse your chili with hot sauce, liberally.
Crock Pot Girl