- 4 to 6 chicken, breasts, boneless, skinless, halved
- 4 T. Butter, or olive oil (I liked using butter)
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. breadcrumbs, or a mixture of cracker, cereal, tortilla chip, etc. crumbs.
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 T. flax seed meal (optional)
Crock Pot Chicken Nuggets will have all the kiddos excited for dinner or lunch, and a great meal to make ahead of time too!
1. Cut thawed chicken into child-size pieces.
2. Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
3. A tip from the recipe is to make sure the pieces are only about 2 inches. This size nugget cooks better and the kids like this size.
4. Mix the butter or oil with the egg in a separate bowl.
5. Combine the cracker and cereal crumbs to make a fine bread crumb mixture and pour into a pie plate.
6. Dip the chicken piece in the egg mixture, and toss them in the crumbs. (I use a baggie with the crumbs and shake to toss.
7. Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
8. Layer the battered chicken pieces in the bottom of the crock.
9. Once the bottom is full, add a piece of aluminum foil, poking several tiny holes in the foil to allow steam to escape. (Make sure you poke lots of holes as it is important for the chicken to get done!)
10. Depending on the size of your crock pot you could have as many as 4-6 layers of nuggets.
11. Cover. Cook on High for 2-4 hours. Vent the lid with a wooden spoon, or rolled up foil.
12. After cooking, leave your crock pot on warm for a few hours before serving.
NOTE: When cooled, and if there is any left put in freezer bags to pull out for meals down the road.
Crock Pot Girl