- 1 c. sugar, brown, packed
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/4 c. apple cider
- 1 T. cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp. cloves, ground
- 1/8 tsp. mace, ground
- 2 1/2 lbs. apples, 10 medium, peeled and cut into large chunks
I love Apple Butter, and I like home made the best! Crock Pot Overnight Apple Butter is wonderful, so good served on an biscuits, English Muffin or with pork and chicken too!
1. In a 5 quart crock pot, combine all ingredients.
2. Cover. Cook on Low for 10 hours or until apples are very tender.
3. Put a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl; such as cheesecloth, and spoon out one-third of apple mixture into sieve.
4. With the back of a spoon, press the mixture through the sieve.
5. Discard pulp.
6. Repeat procedure with remaining apple mixture, one third at a time.
7. Transfer apple mixture back to the crock pot.
8. Uncovered, cook on High for 1 1/2 hours or until mixture is thick, stir occasionally.
9. Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill up to a week.
Crock Pot Girl