- 3 apples, peeled and chopped ( use any kind of apples you like)
- 1/4 c. melted, unsalted butter
- 1- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon ( pending on how much you like)
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. sugar, brown
- 1 1/2 c. arborio rice
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. apple juice ( mots for tots, has 40% less sugar)
Who doesn’t like breakfast? OK… I know there are some that do not, but Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Risotto Breakfast is one that could change their minds!
1. Melt the butter in the microwave and place in crock pot.
2. Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
3. Place the rice in the butter and stir to coat.
4. Add cut up apples, spices, brown sugar and stir in water and apple juice.
5. Cover. Cook on High for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. (Check after 1 1/2 hours to see if all water/juice are absorbed and if rice is cooked.)
Optional: Top with raisins, craisins, slivered almonds, coconut flakes, fresh fruit and for the kiddos they may like apple sauce.
Crock Pot Girl