- 1 lb. turkey, ground (or lean ground beef)
- 1/4 c. pepperoni, turkey, mini or chop regular turkey pepperoni to equal1/4 cup
- 1 green pepper, Large, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, small, white, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 T. Italian seasoning (or pizza seasoning)
- 1/4 c. cheese, Parmesan, grated (also you will want more for topping, if desired)
- 15.5 oz. beans, kidney, light red, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz. tomatoes, diced, drained
- 3/4 c. water
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- Optional: Chili seasoning to taste, 2 packets of Stevia (or 1 T. sweetener of choice)
Crock Pot Pizza Chili will meet all the needs of not only the adults but also the kiddos! ENJOY!
1. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
2. Brown ground turkey or beef.
3. Add turkey pepperoni to pan during the last few minutes (3-4 minutes) to cook along with ground meat.
4. Turn off heat and add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian spices.
5. Chop green bell pepper and onion to desired size
6. Place kidney beans, diced tomatoes, water and tomato sauce in the crock pot.
7. Transfer meat and pepperoni/cheese mixture (add chili seasoning for added heat, and/or sweetener to bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes if desired) to the crock pot.
8. Stir everything until it is well combined.
9. Cover. Cook on High for 4-5 hours (or until peppers are tender), or on Low for 8 hour.
10. Top with Parmesan cheese, a dollop of sour cream and serve, if desired.
Crock Pot Girl