- 1 lb. chicken, breast, boneless, split
- 1 Heinz Homestyle Chicken Gravy, Large
- 1-10 3/4 oz. soup, Cream of Celery, canned
- 1-10 3/4 oz. soup, Cream of Chicken, canned
- 1 bag of thick noodles (brand of your choice)
- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2 c. water or low sodium chicken broth
Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles, we consider to be comfort food. It is so good, and one the kiddos enjoy as well! YUMMY!
1. Place Chicken in crock pot overnight (8-10 hours) on Low with 2.5 cups of chicken broth (low sodium) or water.
2. Turn crock pot off in the morning and remove chicken. (chicken should be golden)
3. When chicken is cool, shred.
4. Refrigerator chicken in liquid until ready for dinner. (Liquid will keep chicken nice and moist)
5. Place cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups water, 1/2 the jar of Heinz Homestyle Chicken Gravy in the crock pot about 1 1/2 hours before dinner time.
6. Cover. Cook on Low.
7. Once you have placed the above in covered crock pot on Low. Cook noodles until tender.
8. When noodles are tender, add with the drained shredded chicken to the crock pot and stir carefully but mix well.
9. Retain the broth from the drained shredded chicken for use with another meal or use some in this recipe if you like it juicy! Broth can be frozen!
10. Cover the contents with the remainder of the Heinz Homestyle Chicken Gravy.
11. Cover again. Cook on Low for remaining time of the 1 1/2 hours.
NOTE: Salt at the table for each persons liking!
Serve with your favorite vegetables! Crock Pot Girl likes mashed potatoes and corn…YUM!
Crock Pot Girl