- 2 lb. ground beef, lean (at least 80%) or ground turkey
- 2 onions, medium, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 c. bell pepper, green, chopped(1/2 medium)
- 28 oz. sauce, pizza, jars
- 3.5 oz. pepperoni, slice, chopped
- 1 tsp. basil leaves, dried
- 1/2 tsp.oregano leaves, dried
- 18 sandwich buns, split
- 2 c. cheese, Mozzarella, shredded
If you like Pizza and you like Sloppy Joes, what better way to enjoy your favorites than to make Crock Pot Pizza Sloppy Joes.
1. Brown the ground beef or ground turkey in a large skillet with onions over on medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until meat is thoroughly cooked and drain.
2. Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart crock pot with cooking spray.
3. Spoon meat mixture into crock pot.
4. Mix in bell pepper, pizza sauce, pepperoni, basil and oregano.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
6. When serving on your buns, top off the meat mixture with cheese! YUMMY!
NOTE: We like our buns toasted or warmed!
Crock Pot Girl