- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 lb. chicken thighs, skinned
- 1.1 oz. beefy onion soup mix, envelope (1/2 of a 2.2-ounce package)
- 2 c. mushrooms, quartered fresh
- 1 1/2 c. onions, whole, frozen small
- 3 carrots, medium, cut into 31/2-inch sticks
- 1/2 c. dry red wine
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
Delicious French recipe! Crock Pot Coq au Vin is a must make recipe, and is full of flavor and so YUMMY, translation “Rooster in Wine”!
1. Spray a unheated large skillet with cooking spray.
2. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
3. Cook and brown thighs, several at a time, in the hot skillet. Drain off fat.
4. Transfer thighs to a 3 1/2 – 4 quart crock pot.
5. Sprinkle the dry soup mix over thighs in the crock pot.
6. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots.
7. Pour wine over all.
8. Cover. Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Optional: Serve with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Crock Pot Girl