- 2/3 c. lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 c. margarine, or butter melted
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. chilled margarine, or butter, cut into cubes
Crock Pot Easy Cornish Hens are truly easy to make, and delicious to serve! Serve with warm bread and a veggie, and your meal will be complete!
1. Combine 1/3 cup of the lemon juice, melted margarine, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, garlic powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
2. Pour and rub the above mixture over Cornish hens.
3. Combine 1/2 teaspoon thyme, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; sprinkle over Cornish hens.
4. Pour chicken broth and 1/3 cup lemon juice into the crock pot.
5. In the cavity of the Cornish hen put about 1 tablespoon chilled margarine in the cavity of each hen.
6. Placing all the hens in the crock pot.
7. Arrange the remaining margarine cubes in the chicken broth mixture.
8. Cover. Cook for 8 hours on Low or for 4 hours on High.
Optional: Add your favorite veggies, such as potatoes and carrots! Delish!
Crock Pot Girl