- 4 lb. chuck roast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper, black, ground
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 1 1/4 c. green chile, diced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. pepper, cayenne, ground
- 5 oz. sauce, hot pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
This recipe is great fixed with chicken, pork, beef and even venison, so when you want a recipe that can make several meals, Crock Pot Mexican Style Meat is what you will want to make. Burrito’s, Taco’s, any Mexican meal! Freezes well too!
1. If using beef, trim the roast of any excess fat, and season with salt and pepper.
2. For added flavor, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, browning the beef quickly on all sides in the hot skillet.
3. Place the browned roast to the crock pot and top it with the chopped onion.
4. Season with chile peppers, chili powder, cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, and garlic powder. Adjust ingredients to your taste as this can be quite spicy!
5. Add enough water to cover 1/3 of the roast.
6. Cover. Cook on High for 6 hours, checking to make sure there is a small amount of liquid in the bottom of the crock.
7. Reduce heat to Low, cook for 2 to 4 hours longer, or until meat is tender and falls apart.
8. Transfer the meat to a bowl and shred using two forks (reserve 2 cups of cooking liquid, if desired).
9. Serve in burrito’s, taco’s or any Mexican style dish. Choose your favorite toppings, such as avocado’s, onion’s, cheese and etc.
Crock Pot Girl